What to include to your sales manager resume in 2016?
Most of hiring managers need just few seconds to understand what pile your resume is going to be. YES pile or NO pile – the one of the most important things for you as a candidate, who applied for sales manager position. Not all the candidates sure what should they include to their resumes. Based on some researches, we tried to create a small knowledge base and would like to share it with, providing you with the most important things you should pay you attention to, crafting your resume for a sales manager in 2016.
Crafting sample resume for sales manager
What is the best way to craft your resume for sales manager? Here is the most common approach – try to find some good sales manager resume samples online. What should you do then? Write down some notes on how you can use alike skills and how to hide some employment gaps if any. Never use the same objectives or resume summary, ATS systems could detect this and you could be rejected. Try to overwrite your relevant experience in some 2-5 sentences and highlight your main achievements.
How to write your resume for sales manager
We have prepared some useful tips on how you could craft your resume and create an outstanding resume to apply for sales manager positions to any companies:
- Targeted resume – the main key to your success. According to statistic, more than 34% of applicants who tailored their resume for specific position were invited for an interview.
- Highlight your skills. Try to add more skills relevant for sales manager positions to increase your chances in ATS.
Stop describing processes. Hiring managers are looking for achievements in your resume. Provide them with this information and just assess results. You will be impressed.
- No general phrases. Try to avoid soft skills in your resume for sales manager in 2016. Hiring managers would like to see hard skills today.
- Hide your employment gaps if any or try to explain them. Don’t let HR to think what were wrong there.
- Allway read your resume twice before you would submit it.
Follow the latest tips on how to polish your sales manager resume and win a competition today! Good luck!